Shop Security Volunteer
Role OverviewTo work with Shop Manager and other volunteers to ensure the smooth running of the COPE Galway Charity Shop and to assist with vigilance in the shop.
Hours/DurationWednesday, Thursday, Friday 2pm-5.30pm (at least one shift)
COPE Galway Service:
Location:COPE Galway Shop, St. Augustine Street
About COPE Galway
COPE Galway believes in the principle of every person having a home which meets their needs. Our vision is an improved quality of life, in a home of your own for people affected by homelessness, women & children experiencing domestic violence and older people. We believe communities have a very important role in assisting us with our mission. Volunteering is one very important way in which our community can help us in our work.
The COPE Galway Charity Shop is run by a manager and a team of volunteers, who kindly donate their time and effort. The shop sells donated ladies’, men’s and children’s clothes, accessories and jewellery, books, CDs/DVDs and small bric-a-brac. The shop is a vital source of revenue for our services.
Volunteer Role Description:
Responsible to: Shop Manager
Minimum Commitment: 6 Months
Main tasks: Walking shop floor, helping customers, maintaining displays, light cleaning, vigilance of customers with our stock to prevent theft and initiative to respond to situations
Person specification: Friendly, enthusiastic manner
Level of English required: Intermediate
Induction and Training:
The volunteer will receive induction training prior to starting the role. Training will be provided if is deemed appropriate for the role.
Support and Supervision:
The volunteer will be supervised by the Manager/Designated Person.
- The opportunity to contribute to a local Galway charity and help us in our work
- The opportunity to gain practical experience in this volunteer role
- The volunteer agrees to fulfil the role as outlined in the volunteer role description
- The volunteer agrees to abide by Cope Galway’s Policies and Procedures
- The volunteer will abide by COPE Galway’s Confidentiality Statement
- Submit an application for the role
- Screening – once the application form is received and the applicant is considered a suitable match for the role, the applicant will be invited to an Interview
- The interview will take place in the relevant service. Successful applicants will be offered the volunteer role subject to 2 Reference Checks from Irish referees and Garda Vetting
- Induction and Orientation will be provided prior to commencement
- Trial period – volunteers commencing with COPE Galway are subject to a trial period
How to Apply
There are three ways you can submit your completed volunteer application form to us.
Email your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Post or bring in your application form to Volunteer Office, COPE Galway, Calbro House, Tuam Road, Galway.
Submit your application using the online form below.