Musician for Lunch Club
Where: The Bungalow, Walter Macken Road, Mervue, Galway
When: Day(s): Thursdays- 1-2 Thursdays a month
Hours: 1 hour
Minimum Commitment: 6 months
Location: The Bungalow, Walter Macken Road, Mervue, Galway
About COPE Galway
Our vision in COPE Galway is of a community where every person is valued, cared for and supported at every stage of life. Our mission is of making a difference by empowering people, creating change and strengthening communities. We believe communities have a very important role in assisting us in achieving our mission. Volunteering is one very important way in which our community can help us in our work.
Older Persons Service. Community support workers provide 1-1 support to older people in Galway. Activities and lunch and social clubs are also organised to reduce social isolation and assist in promoting social connections. Community catering provide Meals4Health, to ensure older people have access to healthy, nutritious, and tasty meals.
Volunteer Role Description: A single musician to accommodate a sing song with the lunch club members.
Responsible to: Karen Fitzgerald
Main tasks: Play music, assist with a sing song
- Core competencies/skills required
- Oral communication skills – ability to communicate effectively and to develop, foster and maintain positive relations with clients, colleagues and other agencies
- Listening skills
- Interpersonal and team work skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Ability to respond in a professional manner to challenging and stressful situations
- A commitment to principles of diversity and inclusion
- Friendly, enthusiastic manner
- Ability to demonstrate respect and empathy to clients
Level of English required:
Induction and Training
The volunteer will receive induction training prior to starting the role. Training will be provided if it is deemed appropriate for the role.
Support and Supervision:
Volunteer will be supervised by the Manager/Designated Person.
- The opportunity to make a positive difference in the lives of the clients who use our Services
- The opportunity to gain practical experience in this volunteer role
- The volunteer agrees to fulfil the role as outlined in the volunteer role description
- The volunteer agrees to abide by Cope Galway’s Policies and Procedures
- The volunteer will abide by COPE Galway’s Confidentiality Statement
- Submit your application form for the role
- We will screen your application form to ensure you are a suitable match for the role
- Applicant will be invited to attend an interview in the relevant service
- Successful applicant will be offered the volunteer role subject to: reference checks from Irish referees and completion of the eGarda Vetting
- Induction and orientation will be provided prior to commencement
- Volunteer commencing with COPE Galway is subject to a trial period in the role
How to Apply
There are three ways you can submit your completed volunteer application form to us.
Email your completed application form to email@example.com
Post or bring in your application form to Volunteer Office, COPE Galway, Calbro House, Tuam Road, Galway.
Submit your application using the online form below.