Children’s Service Support Worker (Maternity Leave) – Modh Eile House
Apply by 5:00 pm
2nd December 2021
We are currently seeking applications for the following position:
Children’s Service Support Worker (Maternity Leave)
Modh Eile House
Would you like to be a part of Solas Óg the children and young people’s support team for Modh Eile House, the new home of COPE Galway’s Domestic Abuse Service?
COPE Galway Domestic Abuse Service provides support to around 500 women and their children each year. Those who use our service are women either at risk from an abusive partner or who have suffered abuse at the hands of a partner in the past. Our role is to provide a safe space for each woman and her children and then to assist her in exploring options and making decisions which will lead to a better life.
We are looking for a Children’s Service Support Worker – someone who will ensure that our service is welcoming, supportive and a safe place for children who visit us and who stay in our refuge or who we support in the community and county.
A detailed job description and person specification outlines the full criteria required for the position and includes:
- A demonstrable commitment to women and children and a proven interest and experience in the area of Domestic Violence and Abuse, and who has worked in a refuge or similar type environment
- A 3rd level qualification in Social Studies or equivalent
- Has worked with disadvantaged children and children experiencing problems within their families due to violence or abuse for at least two years.
- Experience in supporting mothers who need guidance in relation to how best to support their children developmentally and emotionally
- An ability to manage oneself in a stressful environment and to work effectively in crisis situations
- Full knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations which inform work with children
- Experience of strong inter-agency working and joint service provision
- Hold full drivers’ licence and have the use of a vehicle
Hours of Work: 39 hours per week, over 6 days including evenings
Contract: Maternity Cover
Annual Leave: 22 day per annum pro rata
If you have experience of working with children in a domestic abuse service, a relevant qualification and a commitment to our mission, then we would like to hear from you.
How to apply
Completed application forms should be submitted by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Thursday 2nd December 2021.
- Download and read the Job Description & Person Specification
- Download and complete the Application Form
Satisfactory references and Garda clearance is required for this role.
COPE Galway is an equal opportunities employer