Chief Executive Officer
COPE Galway is a charity, with deep roots in the community, working to improve the lives of some of Galway’s most vulnerable people. Our team deliver vital services and supports for people who are homeless, women and children experiencing domestic violence and older people. We work with people who are professional, passionate about our mission and committed to making a real difference.
We are now searching for a progressive CEO to build upon and lead COPE Galway’s mission to make a real difference to those we serve.
We are looking for an ambitious and visionary CEO who will lead, mentor, and work along with a team of approximately 150 staff and volunteers. This role is ideal for someone with strong coaching, communication, and leadership skills, with the ability to build relationships across multiple audiences including volunteers, employees, donors, government agencies, the media, and the Board.
The major responsibilities of this position include (but are not limited to) Community Impact, Resource Development, Fundraising, Strategic Leadership and Organization Management.
As a CEO you will,
- Make the 5 Year Strategic Plan a reality through great communication and your ability to deliver
- Lead in developing annual budget, establish income and expense parameters, determine specific expenditures within approved budget lines
- Develop a comprehensive effective fundraising strategy with the Board taking the lead on resource development.
- Continue the fantastic work of the existing, close knit team, who are without a doubt some of the most altruistic, and passionate people you could meet.
- Share the values, beliefs and passion of the organisation and its mission, programs, and services and consistently represented a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders
- Work alongside the board and Senior Leadership team to craft organizational goals and develop strategies to ensure that they are achieved.
- Be responsible for governance, and adherence to policies for safeguarding community, ensuring compliance and administration within the organisation. You will also lead the teams to comply with legal, statutory, and regulatory responsibilities.
- Lead multiple diverse projects
- Partner with the board to develop financial policies and internal controls and ensure adherence.
- Be responsible for championing our cause and building strong relationships with key stakeholders, including the community we support, our donors, and our partners.
- Represent the organisational and sectoral interests at national and regional levels.
- Oversee Marketing, Fundraising, Finance, Human resources, Delivery of services and other aspects of the day to day operations.
- An ambitious and visionary leader ready to lead a large charity into the next decade.
- Extensive experience leading a large charity or not-for-profit organisation
- Experience working in a volunteer-led organisation
- An outspoken networker who will bring our support services’ fully into the limelight and significantly raise our profile to the right people, corporates, government bodies and stakeholders.
- Experience of, and a clear passion for, issues relating to Older People, Homelessness and Domestic Violence
- Collaborative People-person who can galvanise a team and get the best from staff and volunteers.
- First rate relationship-building and stakeholder engagement skills
- A fantastic ambassador for the organisation and its values
- Knowledge of diverse methods of sustainable funding and the ability to capitalise on income generation opportunities
- Strong Operational Leadership experience within an organisation of a similar size
- Political acumen and knowledge of public policy issues
- High level of experience of Government and EU funding opportunities
- An exemplary record of sustained, tangible increases in fundraising income will set you apart
- Experience of embedding digital strategy and practice within an organisation desirable.
Suitable applicants should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.